Starting with what I love :
1. They always find time to have a cuppa, no matter how busy or late they are.They just… put the kettle on and tea is ready !
2. Their gardens are a marvel to look at, even for me, a person who doesnt pay attention to flowers in particular.
3.The fact that they smile when they look at you on the street. They say “hello” even if they dont know you.
4.They have a humour which is hard to get, but once you do, you are addicted to it (the saying that british are grumpy related to weather, is rubbish )
5. An impecable accent!
7. “The house is not a home without a cat” it’s what you often see on their painted wooden made pictures on the wall. And that house has at least one cat !
8. Marmite :-)
9. The lady that sits in the middle of the streets, near schools, to make the cars stop when children cross the road, is called “the lollypop lady” .
10.Traveling by train.
Things I hate:
2. Beans on toast .
3. People address to you with phrases like “all rite love? ” even if they never met you before.
4.The parias of the society that live in the council state houses and take no interst in education for their children (who end up living in council state houses and take no interst in the education of their children either). Some people call them “chavs”.
5. Did I mention the rain ?
6. The houses are built smartly, but small and crowded, very close one to another.
7. Chips with vinegar.
8. The coffee !
9. Income tax (too high) .
10. Buses never come in time.
P.S. Mr. Bean is the list’ top favourite. :)